June 23, 2010

Welcome Me and All!

Hello All! Thank you for taking the time to read my newly bloomed blog!

So as you can tell I am new to the "blogging phenomenon" and can't wait to start this exciting journey! You may ask, "Well, are you a writer?". No, I am not. In saying that, something inside of me told me to run, start a blog, and go full force with it. So here I am, sitting at my desk looking at layouts and typing away. I have always had a love of writing and I know this will lead to something joyful in my life and hopefully will be able to touch each and everyone of you reading this.

As an introduction to me and my life, I'll begin with my name is Shelley. I'm an at heart southern belle from a little town in North Carolina. I was born and raised in North Carolina but love traveling any place possible to see life outside of this southern box. Sadly, most people have an ill-conceived notion of what NC is like. I'm hoping I can change that! I am 28 years young. I say young because accoding to my 8 year old self , the thought of being 28 was old. In reality, I feel like I just graduated high school, blinked and college flew by without every realizing it and now it's 6 years later. Here's a little about the little life I live in. I have a wonderful husband of almost 4 months now! His name is Dustin and he's my best friend, my rock, soul mate, and love of my life. I never expected to find someone who would understand my quirks, knows me inside and out, and loves me to the full extent possible. I am a lucky woman (and of course he's such a lucky man;)) Our relatioship has never been cut and dry and we've always done things our way. Which is why 4 months ago we eloped to Las Vegas! I'm sure I can touch more on that later! We have a beautiful baby boy...ahem... I mean sheltie puppy, Kody. Although in our eyes he is our baby. He will always be my first born. And yes, I am one of those poeple who love their animals as their own children. I'm a nurturer and that's all I can say as to why I love him so much. So, if you're not a fan you may as well stop reading now 'cause there's gonna be alot of puppy love coming out of me! We also have a "tad" overweight kitty named Indy. I say tad, but not really since she's going on 18"LB's". So any advice on kitty diet food is fully welcomed!

I have so many loves in this world spreading from people to places to sweet moments. I want to experience the world and go through remembing every second to the fullest. I want to live my life to fullest and never regret my actions. I enjoy traveling, picking up new hobbies, and exploring who I am. I always dreamed that once I graduated college, I would know who I was completely. Now being here, I feel like I will never know myself fully. I surprise myself almost daily by a new love for something I've discovered.

So as far as this blog goes....I named this the Life of a Lightning Bug mostly because this world we live in is so expansive and most of us are like lightning bugs. Going and doing and moving about in this big ole' world while feeling so tiny. Now if you are not from the south, you may call these fireflies. As a girl, I loved summer nights when the lightning bugs were out and running around trying to trap them in my jar with the holes on the top. I'm sure I tried this a few times without the holes. Very sad situation for those unlucky little guys. Sometimes we can go through life feeling like we are small compared to what all amazements are out there in the world. To some we are, but there are those few people in our lives that we mean the world to.

I am not sure which direction I will be heading with this blog but I feel I will be guided into what feels right. My hobbies expand great lengths and my heart holds so many reasons to make a difference. I think all of these issues and topics will at some point show their faces. I want to celebrate life and all the beautiful things that can enrich and continue our growth as human beings. I want to share my optimistic view of this big world we live on and the wonderful people in it. Life is abundant and my blog will be limitless. I welcome you all reading this and to my journey . Cheers to hoping you enjoy the ride as much as I do.


Until the next adventure.....


SheLCheri

1 comments:

Johanna Elliott said...

I love this. So perfectly Shell.

Post a Comment