July 09, 2010

Embrace Today!


I came across a website today titled, Intent.com. Mostly this is a website where people, meditation, and blogs come together. Well the site asks the question, "What is your intent today?". This got me thinking about my day and what I want to accomplish. I realized I have been tired and bored of my work since I've walked in the door at. All day I have been wishing that 5 O'clock would hurry the hell up!


So I decided that my intent for the day would be to "Embrace today and stop wishing it away!" It seems too often I catch myself doing this. Whether it's wishing for 5 o'clock to roll around or to be home already or for Friday to finally come. I know I'm not the only one out here in this big 'ole world that does this. Why do we do this to ourselves?!?!?


So here and now, I am embracing this day, while I'm at work, and I will live in this moment. The moments we have in this one life can fly by right in front of our noses! I know I don't want to look back and regret missing an opportunity or memory because I was already consumed with the next weekend's plans! Life is a gift we each get and every day and we should be surprised with each sunrise that no one is guaranteed. Although, the old palm reader in Key West once told me I would live a very long life, so I guess I'm good. :) Nonetheless, I want to embrace my life and enjoy every moment I have here. I want to be able to remember the people I share my days with and all the little things that sneak right by so easily.


I hope this awakens your senses to the world that you are wishing by as well. As my yoga instructor always says, "Make sure you are present in the room!". Be present in the day and make the most out of each and every one you are given!


Embrace Away!


SheLCheri


0 comments:

Post a Comment