July 21, 2010

Good Read!


Today, while I should have been working (oops! Hehe!), I stumbled into a website called GoodReadscom. The site bring book lovers together in a facebook style community!!! You have to know that I am very excited about this new discovery! I do like facebook with it's ablility to see old friends and stay in touch with out of town family, but it's really starting to bore me! In the last few years, I have really fallen in love with reading! As a student, I hated reading books for school. I just never felt a connection to the books my teachers chose. As an adult, I have the ability to find books that I have an interest in without anyone telling me what and what not to read!

Well Good Reads gives me the ability to bring my love for books into discussions with others who have the same love! The site has trivia, book groups, ability to share your own voice on your own profile, invite friends and meet new friends who, in my case, have a love for Twilight or Janet Evanovich books!!

I've started setting up my profile already! I've added and rated the books I have already read! I can swap books with others who may want what I've read and have what I want! I can keep track of the books I still want to read and even keep them in a particular order!! My current book is Eat,Pray,Love. I've been told it's a book that every woman should read! I'm only about 100 pages in and I totally agree!!! I am not one to normally read non-fiction but this book is great! So if you have a chance, go out and get it! I think it will be worth it!

If you are a book lover or just would like a site to visit for book reviews, Good Reads.com is the place! Please visit and if you find me, Add me as a friend!

Here's my profile link!
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4037927

Hope to see you there!

SheLCheri

0 comments:

Post a Comment